- The Société de Chimie Thérapeutique (SCT, French Medicinal Chemistry Society) was founded on 16 November 1966.
- The SCT is a member of the European Federation of Medicinal Chemistry an Chemical Biology (EFMC).
- The SCT's mission to promote knowledge in the major fields of pharmaceutical research and development, in particular the search for and validation of biological targets of therapeutic interest, screening, design, optimisation and selection of drug candidates, chemical biology, therapeutic chemistry, pharmacokinetics, metabolism and toxicity (ADME-T: absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, toxicity).
- The Association organises an annual international congress covering the above-mentioned aspects (RICT), a meeting dedicated to young researchers (YRFM), One-day thematic events focused on particular topics and webinars.
- The SCT rewards both young and recognized researchers in the field, and support young researchers through its Young MedChem Forum (YMCF).